Health Information Centre
Poole Hospital's Health Information Centre
provides a full and comprehensive information service.
It provides a confidential, supportive
environment where you can find information on many health-related
Our aim is to provide a wide range of
up-to-date, good-quality information. This can help you
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Make informed decisions about your healthcare and
- Make choices about your lifestyle
- Manage long-term health conditions
- Choose the services you use
What information is available?
Information is available in a variety of
- Access to reference books
- Internet information given with professional
- Information on local support groups
- Details of upcoming events
- Access to journal and research articles
Information about accessing health records is available here.
How can you get the information you
Visit us: Health Information Centre,Poole
Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Longfleet Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15
The centre is next to the multi-storey
car park on Longfleet Road.
Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4pm.
Telephone: 01202 448003 [with
a confidential voicemail if staff are busy or when the centre
Clinic and ward staff can use an
information prescription to write down the information you
need. You can obtain information by bringing your information
prescription to the centre. Alternatively, the
prescription gives our contact details if you are unable to visit.
Please ask a member of staff who is caring for you if you would
like an information prescription.
Other services in the centre
Patient Advice and Liaison Service
Citizens Advice Bureau adviser