The medical physics department is within the
Radiology directorate at Poole Hospital. The department provides
scientific and technical expertise in a wide range of disciplines
to all NHS Trusts in Dorset and to a number of private health care
establishments. The department is staffed by clinical scientists,
clinical technologists, radiographers, healthcare science staff and
a department administrator.
The department is committed to providing
scientific and technical services to the local health care
providers, which is both appropriate, practical and of the highest
quality. We will continue to adopt best practice and relevant
national legislation appropriate to the needs of local healthcare
services. The department also retains a capacity to provide
scientific and / or technical development for the benefit of both
the NHS and its patients, through cooperative project activity.
- Diagnostic radiology physics support to local
radiology services www.poolemedicalphysics.co.uk
- Clinical measurement services
- Audiology calibration and maintenance
- Electronic design and construction
- Ionising and non-ionising Radiation
Protection Advisors (RPA) and measurement.
- Teaching / training in ionising and
non-ionising radiation safety.
- Clinical, scientific and technical audit and
research and development.