Patient Advice and Liaison Service - PALS
PALS is a service for patients, their relatives, friends, carers and visitors. They are a service that is independent to wards and departments in the Trust.
PALS aims to:
- Advise and support patients, their families and carers;
- Provide information on the NHS services;
- Listen to and respond to your concerns, suggestions or queries;
- Influence changes in the service;
- Listen to your comments, queries and suggestions;
- Provide information and help on how to make a formal complaint;
It also explains how to arrange for a qualified interpreter to accompany a deaf patient at a hospital appointment. Follow the link to view the short film.
Hospital 'grab sheets'
Completing a hospital grab sheet provides healthcare professionals with information about the person (patient) as an individual.
The hospital grab sheet has been developed by working closely with Poole Forum, people with learning disabilities, people with dementia and their carers.
It has also been adapted from the ‘This is me’ document produced by the Alzheimer’s Association and supported by the Royal College of Nursing.
Click here for more information on the hospital grab sheet.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service, PALS
Health Information Centre
Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Telephone: 01202 448499 with confidential answer phone.
Fax: 01202 448363
Text: 07758 272495